Friday, October 8, 2010

My God is...

Recently, I attended a meeting in which Colleen Terry Spoke. She suggested I define MY God - and I've thought a lot about that. That which we worship every day of of the week defines our God. It may be an addiction, the big house, the TV, another person, or oneself... or it may be a merciful loving Father in Heaven, whom you strive to put above all else. Where our treasure is, there shall our heart be also. So who is my God?

My God knows me. He knows of my pain and suffering, and He shares my tears of sorrow. He gives me peace, and the assurance that everything's gonna be alright. He knows my potential, and allows the experiences necessary to groom me to reach it. He has confidence in me, and enough belief in me to "let go" for a short period of time, so I can prove myself on Earth. He is anxious to empower me, and does so every time I allow Him. He rejoices in my rejoicing, and smiles over my victories. My God knows my past, sees my future, and holds my presence in His hands, paving the way for what lies ahead. His timing is absolute, His plan pure and exact. He allows trials so I can grow, yet He is protective of me, and has promised justice. He has my back. My God is pleased with my righteous choices, and rewards them abundantly. He is patient as I stumble, fall and, sometimes even willingly, walk away. He wants me to succeed, and is munificent in giving every tool necessary to do so. He knows my heart, sees my works, and doubles my righteous efforts. My God is a God of encouragement. He is magnanimous and His arm of mercy extended, forgiving each time I come unto Him. His very purpose is to bring to pass my eternal life. He smiles in satisfaction when my I make my very purpose to bring about His glory. He lives for His children, and has an incommunicable, inimitable love for me. He cares. Greatly.

No comments: