Thursday, February 11, 2010

My confession

My postings are a product of what I'm experiencing in the moment, conceived and birthed through my weaknesses. They're certainly not a product of my goodness. If I write about "remembering who I am" ...there's a good chance I forgot. If I write about "trusting in the Lord," it's probably because I didn't. Perhaps this makes me a hypocrite, yet in recording my thoughts I'm forced to deeper ponder the topic, and I always find myself recommiting to do better. Hypocrite or not, I find strength in doing so.

So here I am. Writing another post intended to strengthen me.

I trust the Lord has a plan for me, yet lately I've been dabbling in my own plan while crossing my fingers that, in the end, I can still qualify for His rewards. I am well aware that mercy cannot rob justice, yet I find myself saying, "Well, I'm human, I can't be perfect all the time... Surely He understands."

As I've pondered this ugly justification I've come to the conclusion that being human is not an excuse to give in to temptation, rather it is the very reason to rise above it. For every temptation I conquer creates an improvement in my character and, therefore, an improvement in my life.

Anything worth having is worth working for. I feel a noble character is worth having, don't you?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is deep. But oh, so true- I love they way you look at life. You help me keep grounded.

shirley Harris said...

rising above it is indeed the way to happiness..good thoughts...

Barry said...

Very good point. I like this. :)